We are open for business!
Our business hours are:
Monday through Saturday 10am-4pm
Closed on Sunday
(the rest of the time we are providing care to the animals, this is a 24/7 job)
Please call us or contact us on our social channels if you've found an animal and need assistance.
Please take a moment to learn about us and what we do. You can help us grow by donating today.
We are a 501(c)(3) organization and we are sales tax exempt in the state of Pennsylvania. Follow us on social media to meet our educational animals, see the progress of our patients, and to follow our progress.
Wildlife rehabilitation is not a single person or organization. It is a community of rehabilitators, veterinarians, volunteers, and most important, supporters.
how it started
2022 - Our First full Year
From our Founder
It is my honor to invite you to join me as I reflect on the first full year of operation of Acorn Acres Wildlife Rehabilitation. Our team had a lot of goals and dreams for 2022 and I am proud to share with you that we succeeded in accomplishing them.
- Our Board of Directors expanded to include two of our weekly Animal Care Assistants, beginning in 2023.
- We increased our release capacity by adding another release cage; this goal will be expanded upon again in 2023.
- We applied for and received our General Wildlife Rehabilitation permit.
- Our standard operating procedures (SOP's) have been refined to better reflect actual practice and efficiencies learned.
- Volunteer and Internship programs were written and instituted.
- We enhanced our public educational programming to include One Book One School Program.
Although this wasn't in our plan, we obtained an additional Ambassador, a woodchuck we named Elliott. He is proving to be an incredible addition to our programming and is quickly becoming a fan favorite. Having the live male/female versions of the same species allows for a much more in depth opportunity during our public education and outreach programming.
We are proud of our accomplishments, growth towards the future, and are excited to see what 2023 brings.
Mighty oaks from little acorns grow!
With Sincere Gratitude,
Betsy D. Shank, CWR
Founder & Executive Director
event & program attendance
Get in Touch
If you're interested in booking a program or would like us to appear at your event, please contact us using the form below.